Sunday, July 24, 2016

The Sounds of screeching Brakes. or what this was and probably what this will become from here

I started writing a love story here.
I made the fortunate mistake of listening to Neil Gaiman talking about writing, reading and writers and somewhere north of Roanoke VA on I-81, I realized this wasn't going to be a love story and it wasn't going to be short.
It's a novel.
A novel I plan to finish.
now for a few possible reactions.
"That's the best news I've heard all day. or not."

"I knew that was what you were going to say- no wait a sec!"
"You said LOVE STORY! I had guarantees....NOW I am a bit upset."


"You just could leave it as something simple?"

"Woohoo!"

So, for those of you hoping to continue getting the juicy bits. You will, but
(I KNEW THERE WAS A BUT)
What is here and what will be here are character sketches and ideas that will be going into the novel. The novel itself will be written offline.
Yep. 
Gnashing of teeth follows.
It's just how I write novels (the two I am writing anyway)
I am still going to come here and write.

So some reassurances.
This is still a story about finding and keeping love.
It has a new narrator. I had originally planned to have everyone tell their own story and that is still true, but I am going to frame around Allison Bree's diary. 
Allison has not been introduced yet and won't until I have had time to discuss/read some diary/journals of women who were teenagers in the nineties and became adults in the time since.
Much of what I am trying to tell her, came out of my head and dozens of books and tv shows and movies.
I want to share all of them with you, so for now, I will keep telling you the stories but just understand you are reading the outline of a novel.

One final note.
I am a writer of fantasy and science fiction
this novel will be fantastic and have science 
but it won't be the same thing.
This is going to be a story about 5 people and how they
changed each other.
hope to see you back here...soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment