Monday, July 25, 2016

progress!

We have a working title:

The way you danced into my heart by Allison Bree Fitzgerald

that's the whole title.

and almost a paragraph of a forward that will be complete when I finish the book, probably written and rewritten in stages.

and the first page of the framework.

What is the Framework?

For those of you who don't know. The framework is a fancy word for the vehicle which is, in turn, a fancy way of saying that the structure upon which the story is told. A classic example of this is Pride and Prejudice or Dangerous Liaisons (yes the title is in French) where the framework is either conversations only or letters that are written. In the case of something like the Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot, the story is told through a series of Journal or Diaries entries. Most of the time it does quite well if you are telling the story from a limited point of view.
But I want the story to be told through multiple points of view with Allison Bree's POV- being dominant to tie it all together. So, it's my intention to use first person narrative with third person omniscient (limited) [I know all the terms are wrong, some Stuffy English Professor will, no doubt swoop in to correct me....anyone? Oh well]
I am probably insane (insert Billy Joel song)
Things to do. 
  1. Research: I suspect I will be watching a fair amount of the L Word and other gay/lesbian tv cinema until I can get a lesbian, a gay man and a bisexual woman to talk to me.
  2. comb through the internet for source material, find it and ask nicely if I can quote them without being burned at the stake for daring to upset their fans.
  3. read everything that is written in diary journal form without going mad first
  4. pray for a miracle or someone who suddenly says "I get what he's trying to do!" and contacts me so we can talk almost every day about what I am trying to do.
  5. be patient, Phil Collins did sing "you can't hurry love or finish a novel fast or something like that.
  6. write some more blogs to try out other points of view, get feedback???? Well, I will pretend to get feedback and then me and the characters will discuss this all over tea with Sir Reginald and Tiny Tina.
Peace. 
PSS: If you wish to help me out
leave a comment or send me an email @ mikemumbled@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment