Thursday, August 4, 2016

How many frogs have you kissed? An Interview.

"I don't know why I agreed to do this."
Ellie makes a face.
"Oh right. I have a psychotic best friend."
Ellie pokes Jen in the ribs.
"Ow," sounds of a scuffle. "Okay! maybe not psychotic." Giggling ensues.
"Are you two going to take this seriously?"
"Yes Eric, I will take this seriously," giggling continues.
Sound of something hitting the floor.
"Eric come back."
"Eric stop rage quitting."

Eric: "Alright, Jen, how many frogs have you kissed?"
Jen: "What?"
Ellie: "I'd say about thirty-three."
Jen: "What!?"
Eric: "Did you not understand the question?"
Jen: "I don't know why I agreed to do this."
Ellie: "Eric means that you are the Princess from that Disney movie who kisses frogs in order that they become a prince."
Jen: "I know what he means- wait a minute, that "princess" wasn't a princess she was like this wannabe restaurant owner-"
Ellie: "Tiana."
Jen: "What?'
Ellie: "Tiana."
Jen: "Who?"
Ellie: "The princess."
Jen: "She wasn't a princess- was she?"
Eric: "Jeezu-"
Ellie: "Eric!"
Eric: "Sorry"
Sounds of a scuffle.
Eric: "Not in the face!" giggling. "I'm sorry!" scuffling "I give! Surrender! Please!"
some silence.
Jen: "It's a good thing, this isn't on video. That would have been embarrassing."
Eric: "It's a podcast."
Jen: "It's a podcast."
Eric: "You know I hate you."
Ellie: "Wasn't Eric the twenty-third frog?"
Jen: "Let me think. No, I think he was the twenty-fourth."
Eric: "I hate both of you."
Ellie: "We love you too, Erica."
later.
Eric:"Let's try this again."
Ellie: "Jen, why do you equate kissing men with frogs."
Jen: "Well, Ellie, I am glad you asked me that. As you will recall, when I was fifteen, you told me the fairy tale of Princess Lea and the Frog Prince over tea in the Gazebo in the garden."
Ellie: "Good times."
Jen: "Wel, Ellie, as I am but a young impressionable lass-"
Sounds of giggling.
Eric: "Ow!"
Jen: "As I was saying, I am easily impressed by such a basic truth as finding out if you are meant to be by kissing someone, I saw fit to take it upon myself to go out, searching for true love which by my logic would be solved with that first true love's kiss."
Eric: "Your logic is flawed."
Jen: "You failed to bring this up when I kissed you."
Eric: "I kissed you first."
Jen: "It did do something."
Eric:"Oh? What was that?"
Jen: "It turned you into a frog."
Sounds of giggling, followed by a loud crash.
Ellie: "Eric stop sulking, you are a very handsome frog."
More giggling.
Jen: "Well I guess Eric is out."
Ellie: "It looks that way."
Jen: "Anyway, after going through the whole let's date and work up to the first kiss, I got tired of waiting to see if the guy would get around to kissing me."
Ellie: "You mean they didn't try to kiss you on the first date?"
Jen: "No....are you telling me I am missing something?"
Ellie: "All the guys, I've dated, tried to kiss me on the first date."
Jen: "Dammit. This sucks."
Ellie: "I hear you, sister."
Jen: "Wait-a-minute! you've dated like 4 guys since I've known you!"
Ellie: "Sorry, I wondered when you would do the math."
Jen: "And one of them was your brother Eric!"
Ellie: "Technically he's my foster brother and there was a lot of pressure."
Jen: "He forced you into it."
Ellie: "Nooo? I mean it was more like persistent pleading and I finally gave in."
Jen: "He whined his way into a date?"
Ellie: "Yes and like an idiot, I gave in and let him kiss me."
Jen: "Was there even a date?"
Ellie: "Who do you think I am?"
Jen: "Sorry, I forget, I thought you were his sister!"
Ellie: "You are just jelly that he took me to an actual restaurant instead of McDonald's."
Jen: "If you call O'Charlies an actual restaurant."
Ellie: "One cannot expect French Cuisine in Topeka, Kansas."
Jen: "We are in Ohio."
Ellie: "It's a metaphor."
Jen: "Oh sure, go use some fancy words to cover over that you let your brother kiss you."
Ellie: "At least, my brother didn't film me kissing a frenching a teddy bear with tongue and everything and put it on AOL..."
Jen: "What?"
Ellie: "Totally making out with Sir Reginald and everything."
Jen: "That bastard! I am going to kill him!"
Ellie: "Anyway, you were telling us how you got tired of dating Frogs."
Jen: "You think you are so smooth. I know what you did there."
Sounds of giggling.
Ellie: "Whew, this is exhausting."
Jen: "Yup. How does Eric do this all the time."
Ellie: "if I had to guess I suspect his other guests don't tickle as much or use headlocks."
Jen: "That was a hug."
Ellie: "Sure, let's call it that."
Jen: "Look, it just proved to be easier to get the guy to kiss me first."
Ellie: "Before or after he asks you out?"
Screaming and laughing ensues.
Jen: "Let's call it a draw."
Ellie: "I win! I win!"
More sounds of laughter and screaming.
Ellie: "I still win though."
Jen: "You know Eric is going to be sure we were making out or something."
Ellie: "You mean the recording?"
Jen: "We could delete it...right?"
Ellie: "Where is it? All I see is a microphone."
Jen: "Damn, now I will have to kiss Eric again...or threaten to."
Ellie: "No, leave him as a frog."
Jen: "Speaking of which, I've got to go."
Ellie: "Which frog is it this time?"
Jen: "His name is Ivan, I think he's French or something."


No comments:

Post a Comment